Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Little Bit About Me...


Since I can remember I've been playing school and I've wanted to be two things- a mother and a teacher. I love laughing, reading, spending time with my friends and traveling. My goal is to get to every continent- I only have Antarctica and South America left. I grew up in New Hampshire and went to college in Vermont. After majoring in Elementary Education and Theatre with a minor in Religious Studies at my undergraduate institution, I went to teach English in South Korea for 6 months. I taught grades 3-6 and had an amazing time. I always say that I would do that job forever if only it could be in the United States. Living in Seoul, South Korea was an amazing experience but it's just about as far away from home as I can get and I missed my family and friends.

Upon my return to the United States, I moved to Boston with a bunch of my friends from undergrad and began nannying for a source of immediate income. I've remained a nanny because of the joy I get from seeing the progress of the twins I work with and partially because of my limited career options. Though I majored in Elementary Education and took both Praxis I and Praxis II, I didn't receive my certification because I was unable to student teach.

Through my year and a half nannying, I've considered the many career options I might like and all involve children. I considered getting my MSW, my Master's in Child and Family Therapy and going to study educational law but after much debate and many times changing my mind, I realized that teaching makes the most sense for me. So here I am to get my Master's Degree and certification in Elementary Education. Learning through technology is my first M.Ed class and I'm excited for the journey to continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment